does anyone elses husband not wear their wedding ring?

my husband wore his for a few weeks after we got married. he stopped wearing it he said because of his job. he works at a restaurant and handles food everyday and he said his ring was getting dirty and he didn't want to mess it up. so he put it on a necklace and wore it around his neck. but after a while he took that off because he said it gave him a rash around his neck. it bothers me that he doesn't wear it. i know the reasons he gave for not wearing it are true, but it still really bother me that he doesn't wear it. anyone else have a husband who doesn't wear their ring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, but his excuse (reason) is not good enough. There are men who want to wear their ring but can't because of safety precautions at their job... and getting a little food on it is not a safety precaution. I would be upset and would probably draw the line on such a flimsy excuse.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my husband is allergic to it :[ his finger swells and breaks out in hives... the rash thing i understand but not the dirty part, i think he just wants bigger tips ;] hehe jk
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The only time my hubby doesn't wear his ring is when he's at work. He used to, but when he was doing an aircraft check his ring got caught on something. When he told me what happend, I told him not to wear it to work.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, my husband wears his wedding ring...but I don't always wear mine. My husband kids me about it...but he knows I am very, very loyal to him, always have and always will be.

While the ring can be one indicator he may not be being honest with you...look for other indicators as well. if there is more than one, then I would be suspicious as well, but you will need to talk it out with him, not just keep it inside yourself. Communicate with him to find a solution that works for both of you.
    MaryElle

Answer by MaryElle at 1:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• im kinda iffy on the dirty thing too. but he has a ring that has like 6 little diamonds in it and i guess that's what was getting dirty. i don't know why he didn't choose a more simple one. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My husband never wears his. He doesn't wear his though for two reasons, his fingers swell based on the weather and sometimes it can get stuck, and the second reason is because of his job. He is a EMT so to avoid the risk of germs he does not wear it. Its easier for him to wash his hands and not feel like he has germs stuck under the ring that could spread.

OP have you two been married long? My DH wore his ring for about 3 months after we were married then stopped. It was at that time I was extremely mad over it. It took time for me to just get use to this being the norm for him, I have also had to stop wearing my rings since they were breaking my finger out. He has noticed, but we do not make that big of a deal about it. We know who we are married too, we don't need a ring to advertise it around. Our views of each other are the only ones that matter.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm just dying for the day I can look over at my man and see the ring on his finger. We aren't married yet - but I can dream of that day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my husband wears his ring always and i wear it, too but i took it off when i go to sleep. it's a habit, i guess. hey! i remember, he didn't wear for 6 months last year because he fractured his finger. it always freaked me out if he didn't wear it because there are girls who are so after even though we are married. but he assured me that he loves and he's loyal. so when his finger healed, he always wear it day and night.
    angel_caramel

Answer by angel_caramel at 7:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my hubby carried it in his wallet for a while but I took it out and put it somewhere safe
    he wears no jewelry no watch no cologne, he is just that way
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Mine only wears it on special occasions. He's a mechanic & it's hazardous to have it on. He thought about getting a tattoo on his ring finger but we saw a guy with it and it looked funny. Doesn't really bother me that much. It seems I have mine off more than on due to cleaning, cutting wood, yard work, playing play-doh.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009