Why so much hate? (Christian answers please)

I'm really very curious. Why do so many Christians tell others they are going to hell? From what i understand about the Bible it is not in ANY Christians right to judge some one that way. Truly, isnt that only a decision God can make? I understand that the guidelines of the Bible say that the only way to heaven is through Jesus and all that. ...But, why does any Christian feel that they have the authority to tell others what God is going to do?
Also, I'd like to say thank you to all my Christian friends who accept me as I am. And to the Christians I have met in the past that brought me greater understanding of the Christian faith without "damning" me to hell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ONLY FANATIC CHRISTIANS ACT THIS WAY, AND WE ALL KNOW THAT ANYTHING TAKEN TO EXTREME IS BAD.

Answer by older at 8:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i think there is such a thing as people having "head knowledge" but not "heart knowledge". they can read the bible all day long, but until they let that sink into their heart, and really take on the heart of Christ, all that knowledge doesnt mean much. when you understand it with your heart, thats when you have that special kind of love for others that God has called us to have. that means no condemnation. that is not our job, but the job of the Holy Spirits.
    i also think alot of christians have a problem with discernment. yes, we are called to tell others what we feel or know to be the truth, but you must also use the Holy Spirit to discern what to say and when to say it. there could be lots of reasons a christian could take this approach to other people. it could really be a "case by case" kind of thing.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• when you are a christian dealing with nonchristians, you are going to offend someone at sometime. its impossible to not compromise your beliefs at some point w/o someone who doesnt believe the same taking up offense. BUT--as a christian, there is NOTHING IN THIS WORLD more frustrating for me than to see a christian going out of their way to be abrasive and condemning all "in the name of the Lord". we are called to take on the character of Christ, and as i said, you cant please everyone, but that does include dealing with others out of love and compassion. does that make sense?
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Matthew 7:1-3
    "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?"

Luke 6:37
    "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."

Proverbs 10:12
    "Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers all wrongs."

Colossians 4:6
    "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how to answer everyone."
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I am a Christian so I can respond to your answer with a question.Is it not hate to exclude others because their beliefs are different?When I want answers,I was every answer I can get.You don' think other people get hate?
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 9:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Want
    laranadtony

• I'm a Christian and there is no way that I would say or tolorate that kind of talk from another Chirstian. Who the hell would they be to tell someone else that they are going to hell? They don't know that. I can't stand it when people come out of their mouth with such crap.
    Kawanis

Answer by Kawanis at 10:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It isnt hate its the truth. Nonbelievers sometimes cant handle it is all but its what the bible says will happen if you dont accept Jesus as your savior. I find you alot more hateful and upset in just reading how to state things. I am sorry you dont like what the bible says or how christians say what will happen but it IS what is going to happen. It isnt meant to be said in hate but in love and to inform you. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 10:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Truth in terms of religion is subjective because it depends on the individual and their beliefs. What is true for you is not necessarily true for another. It is not the your belief another may disagree with but your insistence that they accept YOUR truth as their own.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Ehhhhhhhhhh I misunderstood your post.My apologies.
    Some people think that fear will scare people into salvation.I believe,and this is just my opinion,that if you gain salvation of any kind(in any religion or belief)it cannot be out of fear or it is not real salvation.It is sort of like a woman who stays with a man because she is scared of him.That is not real love.
    I believe Jesus wanted us to love everyone and make them want what we have .He even told the disciples that if they went to someone's home and they started teaching and someone did not want to listen to shake the dust off their feet.He never said to shove anything down anyone's throat.
    P.S.
    Please do not tell me Jesus was speaking in metaphors and then tell me something paul said.I am Christian,not paulian.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 10:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009