Ant Problem

I need a homemade recipe for killing ants. I've tried Vinegar-salt-water mixture; baby powder and baking soda. These only temporarily work;then, the ants comes back. What else helps?!? I have a 2yr old daughter; and i'm pregnant. So, i can't buy any poisonous sprays. Please help!!! These ants are really annoying.

BrittAldrmn

Asked by BrittAldrmn at 1:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Adopt an ant eater. Cadence would love having a pet, and it would take care of your ants. Other than that, contact your apartment office.
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Dish soap. Find where they come in and put dish soap there. It's messy and it works. Or you could try bay leaves. My mom had an ant problem and discovered they were coming in from a hole in her kitchen cupboards. She put bay leaves in the cupboards and dish soap along the baseboards. Good luck, dry bay leaves I believe.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think you can buy ant traps, kind of like roach traps. They are black plastic things to put out where you see the ants in your house. There is also a syrup-like ant killer called Terro or Tero, that you pour onto a piece of cardboard and set out. The ants eat it and take it back to the nest and they all die. This isn't recommended for small kids, though, as it 'tastes good' to them, unless you can put it inside a cupboard or something. If they are outside, there are dry pellet type poisons you can use. You pour it on the ant hills and add water. I've used this outside and it works great! Best of luck to you!!
    MNmom1969

Answer by MNmom1969 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009