What benefit is there to toasting bread instead of just eating it untoasted? If there is no benefit, how much electric energy is wasted on toasting in the U.S. of A., do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love toast.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The taste is the benefit! yum.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There is a benefit. It tastes good. lol my hubby broke my toaster and I have no idea how the hell did he do that?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 2:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It doesnt matter if there is a "benefit" it just tastes good that way. There are pleanty of things people do just because they enjoy it and that is the only benefit to it. What is the benefit from eating a bag of doritos besides getting fatter? Nothing. You just enjoy it. I think there are pleanty of other energy wasting devices in a home one should be concerned with other then a freaking toaster this in on for 30 sec. a day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• sometimes when i'm nervous, i stick my fingers in my armpits, and i smell them like this. . .
    *ssssssnnnnniiiiiifffffffff*

suuuppaaasssttaaaarrrr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• because toast come from another planet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• after the person that just walked back into cafemom anon your annoying ?'s are a pleasure now that i think about it annoying but funny and tolerable

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Answered at 11:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 by: Anonymous
    sometimes when i'm nervous, i stick my fingers in my armpits, and i smell them like this. . .
    *ssssssnnnnniiiiiifffffffff*

suuuppaaasssttaaaarrrr

OMFG ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I may have just peed a little lol
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• what if we did like the british and just toasted it on one side? could we save the planet?

where is Bono when you need one. I smell a new cause for him..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Actually, there is a benefit.
    When a person is dealing with a stomach illness and is just beginning to tolerate solid foods, the physician will recommend nibbling on plain toasted bread, because plain bread is still too yeasty and will not settle in the stomach.
    Nibbling on plain toasted bread is also helpful for morning sickness in a pregnant woman who does not have any crackers/saltines on hand.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009