How can i wake my sons up in the morning pleasantly.i m a mom of 3 sons-9yrs.,7yrs. n 5 yrs.every morning i feel it very hard to wake them up.pls. help me.i start calling them with love,but when they dont get up i lose my temper n start shouting.

Deepal

Asked by Deepal at 2:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We visited a fire station and got to watch the firemen jump out of bed, throw their clothes on and race to the truck when the alarm went off... The kids really liked playing fireman...we laid all their clothes out the night before and got one of those old alarm clocks that sounds like the firemans bell. When it went off in the morning id stat yelling "Where are my firemen...hurry hurry" and they would stampede out of their bedrooms to the kitchen pulling their clothes on as they went.... it doesnt work every morning but it helps sometimes
    Cara5

Answer by Cara5 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I didnt think it was pleasent ...but my mom used to walk in and turn on the lights singing "Rise and Shine" ...yea. rather annoying actually. But it stopped her from yelling at us and got us out of bed. bc if we got back in bed she'd just come in and do it again until we got up.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• kinda funny to think about now actually.
    outstandingLove

• Just wake them up. Why does it have to be a pleasant experience? Why do we have to make everything all sunshine and roses? Go in, tell them it's time to get up, turn the light on and that's that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My dog handles wake-up duty...she jumps on the bed. Probably not the best raining to give her but my son likes it when she wakes him up.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Bang pots and pans around and march up and down the hall. Tell them to get moving or you will embarrass them at school by dragging them in in their pjs.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• What time do they go to bed?

We are big believers in sleep at our house - the kids get at least 11 hours a night. DS wakes up by himself and then he and I cuddle.....then he helps wake up DD.

DS and DH are out of the house by 6:30AM with DD and me right behind them at 7:20 or so.

Some mornings are rough but most go very smoothly.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• get them an alarm clock and let them get up themselves. we do that and my boys go to bed early.
    momto4boys03-07

Answer by momto4boys03-07 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Tell them that they need to get up the first time you tell them to or you start rolling that night's bed time back 1/2 hour each time you have to call again and stick to it. You'll only have to do it once or twice.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 8:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Instead of calling them, go into their rooms and awaken them individually. Make sure they are up and on their feet before you leave the room. You might also try getting them to bed earlier in the evenings.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009