what do you think of the new format?

Cafemom has provided a new format for us to separate topics. My objective in adoption is that we all should be talking to each other, so by separating topics we may not read something that does not pertain to us, but thereby eliminate us from learning and growing in the adoption community.
What do you think?

onethentwins

Asked by onethentwins at 2:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Adoption

• I don't care for the new format. I have learned so much from the women in the adoption group that I would hate to miss something that another mom posted just because she posted in a forum I wasn't looking in.

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 1:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't like the new format.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Not crazy about it either. I guess my feeling is,"If it ain't broke-don't fix it!" I left the parenting special needs group for the same reason. I couldn't figure it out anymore. Sorry, not trying to come off as not being a team player!
    Heartlight617

Answer by Heartlight617 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I like the new format in general, because it works very well in a group that I'm an admin in. However, I haven't checked the adoption groups I belong to in a little while, but I can see where that would cause problems. On the other hand, it might be a good thing too. We all need a chance to be able to speak to others about things that are particular to whatever part of the triad you belong to. Once in awhile I know that only other adoptive parents are going to understand what I have to say, and I'm sure birthmothers and adoptees feel the same.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think as long as there aren't too many diffrent sections within the groups its ok but it gets a bit confusing sometimes
    Anonymous