My SIL on my DHs side....

Is currently overseas serving in the military. I do not know a whole lot about her, but i think she is a cool woman. She is only a year older then me but she hasn't been in the family very long. She hasn't been deployed very often either. So, my question is what can I email her that will not make her feel sad or homesick?

I have never had a family member deployed. I have family that was in the service, but that was before i was born. I don't want to upset her with a email.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• When you write to her tell her about the family. Update her on family events. Make her feel like part of the family - let her know how happy you are that she has joined the family and send her your love.
    I think writing to her will make her feel more connected to the family. I think that's beautiful that you want to reach out and form a bond with her. Just letting her know that you are thinking of her will make her feel better.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm sure she would appreciate an email from you just talking about stuff. Welcoming her into your family by writing her is very important. Kudos to you for thinking of it. Maybe make plans for when she gets back?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If she has access to a computer, set up an account where you can post family pics and send her the link. My Best Friend and I did this while she was deployed. She posted pics, too. Worked great.
    mommy22miracles

Answer by mommy22miracles at 11:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes i think anything that reminds them of home is nice so they stay connected. Tell her what is going on with the family. Ask if she needs anything. and just take the time to chat and become friends. Im sure she old really appreciate it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2009