DD Pregnant,HELP!!

I work long hours and so does DH. We got home today after going out for a nice dinner together and DD14 and SS17 where sitting at the table talking. When we asked what was going on DD started crying an she said she was preg with my SS's baby. I seriously thought they were messing with us but after a few home pregnancy tests she is indeed pregnant. DD is mine from a previous marriage and SS is DH from a previous marrage so there is no relation between the kids other than their parents are married. I really don't know what to say to her, I know this will ruin her life if people find out who the father is. Hell having a baby at 14 will ruin your life. Please help, give me some guidence on what I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh wow all I can say is support your daughter be there for her there is nothing that you can do about what has already happened all you can do is be there for her and help her during this difficult decision
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 3:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Call the cops and have him arrested for statutory rape.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You took a "few" home pregnancy tests in one day? why? did you think you would get a different answer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• HEY ANONYMOUS DONT BE SO RUDE. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD? AND DONT SAY NEVER WILL HAPPEN IN YOUR FAMILY. BECAUSE YOU NEVER ARE 100% SURE.  THERE IS A OLD SAYING IF YOU CANT SAY SOMETHING NICE THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

MY DD IS 13 AND PG. I WOULD SIT DOWN WITH HER AND TALK ABOUT ALL THE CHOICES OUT THERE FOR HER. AND LET HER MAKE THE CHOICE FOR HER. AND HOLD HER. DONT YELL AT HER. JUST BE THERE FOR HER AND LOVE HER. AND SUPPORT HER. ALSO AS MAD AS YOU ARE AT YOUE SS YOU NEED TO TALK TO HIM ASWELL.  GOOD LUCK

mommytwo5

Answer by mommytwo5 at 4:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• to tell u the truth i have heard of this stuff happening the good thing is that there not related some kids like that never see themselves as siblings they see themselves as ordinary teens. im just wonderin g why the 17 year old pryed on the 14 year old hes almost an adult he should know better. when younger girls date older guys its because there still searching for themselves and the 17 year old took advantage of that support your daughter. talk to her and find out how shes feeling she needs her mommy. i wish u and ur family the best.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes when she told me we went right to the store and bought one of those 3 packs. I am still in shock. I did not yell at her but DH was very upset with SS. I don't understand because they have been together as brother and sister since DD was 2. DH and I have another child together who is 10. I don't know this is almost to soap opera for me. I am researching online about differnet options for her, I won't force her to have an abortion or put the baby up for adoption but I just don't know how to stress to her how hard it is to raise a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thats messed up, you will be in my prayers. I'm not for abortion, but I think its best in this case.
    PassionBomb

Answer by PassionBomb at 4:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• ok i have never been in this path before but talk to both of the kids and see what they want to do about the situation...knowing that they are young they may already have feelings of what they feel is best...i dont think the age thing is a real biggie at least they were not actually related.....this is a toughy to answer...but things will work out....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree that your situation is unfortunately NOT unique. I had a friend who, while her mother was dating a man with 2 teens, my friend dated the mom's boyfriend's son, and my friend's brother dated the mom's boyfriend's daughter. It was kind of "marriage" of convenience for the teens as the parents spent alot of time together. Now, nobody got married or pregnant, but they could have & many 14 y/o these days get pregnant. I know you are upset, but it's not that twisted, for your DD & SS as you said "if anybody finds out". Not the norm, but they are NOT related. Maybe you could get some counseling for your family, and help you weigh all the options. I am glad you wouldn't make her have an abortion, but yes life is about to change, for all of your family, in a big way. I'd seriously think about counseling. Your DH's reactions are quite normal, after everyone calms down, you'll have time to plan what happens next.. (In my prayers)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My husband is the CHILD of a DD & SS relationship.. She was 15, he was older (i think 20)... Sadly DH grew up without a dad because of the whole relationship..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2009