Do you allow your DH or S/O in the bathroom while you are on the toilet?

Just wondering about this. A very few years ago, I was over a friend's house when one night he just went and walked in on his wife while she was doing her business on the toilet. She didn't seem at all bothered by this and did the same to him shortly after. I was always raised that bathroom time is private time so I was like "Uh..." He laughed and said that when you really love someone you do these things -- you don't even think twice about it. That people who are really in love do this all the time. He sort of implied if you didnt do this then you weren't in love which I disagree with. I love my DH with my whole heart but I consider my time on the throne to be MY TIME. It's MY TIME to have a minute to myself (if thats even possible with everyone banging on the door, LOL). What do others think of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• It's MY time.

Not a big fan of the shared potty experience.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I try to make my DH understand that it is my time, but he will come in anyway to ask me a question. So now he has his bathroom down stairs and I have mine upstairs....lol.
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 4:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My 8 y/o daughter and my dh will come "visit" with me while I am bathing, peeing or anything else in the bathroom (except taking a dump)
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 4:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I lock the door. I am of the opinion that what you do in the bathroom its private and not everyone else needs to visit, talk to you, or just come in on a whim. It is a private thing. My husband thinks its ok for men and women to go to BR together and do the business, well I don't.It has nothing to do with anyones feelings or how you feel about someone. I can love my husband just as much with the door locked.Its just NOT a time for a visit.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i honestly have to say...me and my hubby try to stay outta the bathroom while the other one's in there but our bathroom is connected to our bedroom so he just sits in the bedroom and we talk through the doorway...if we have anything to talk about....me on the other hand would have to wear a respirator to be in the bathroom or the bedrooom talkin to him cause wooo men stink...hahahahaha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We go in when the other is using the restroom...if either one of us is taking a dump, the other doesn't tend to stay long. The only thing I hate is when he takes a dump when I'm in the shower and I'm stuck smelling it.

We both leave if so the other can wipe in privacy though.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Right now my husband and I are loose about the bathroom policies. We're going to stop that, though, once our daughter is born, so she can learn about privacy. However, I may allow her in the bathroom once she starts grasping concepts so she [hopefully] gets interested in potty training. Like munch12502 said, though, wiping is private, lol.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sure, why not? After all, he knows me better than anyone else, so if he wants to come in, let him come in.As long as it's not too stinky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No that time is MY TIME also, hubby and I have been married 17 years and in that area the honeymoon IS NOT OVER,
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, it's my own private time and I don't go inside too when he's inside. But if the door is open and he was just looking at himself in the mirror then that would be a different story.
    BloomingJen

Answer by BloomingJen at 8:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009