Why would my baby daddy change his number? Does he have someone?

He cheated on me while I was pregnant...and now that I put child support on him he changed his number. But yet calls me under restricted just to check up on her. Is this still being a father. He just wants to see her once a weeeek

carol85

Asked by carol85 at 4:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• no this is not ok ur daughter doesn't need or deserve a part time dad she needs her dad . if this is all he could do for now then its better than nothing but that you cant accept a part time father. this happened to me and i was very clear in what my daughter needed he lived really far so he was only able to do weekends and then he moved closer and began seeing her everyday.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• What in the world is "baby daddy"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i hate that term baby daddy omg ............................................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• So what are you supposed to do if you need him for something? What if something happens to her and he needs to be notified.

No this is no ok, I would contact your lawyer and let him know. He is supposed to keep his phone number and address current and let his lawyer know any time there is a change.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• And who cares if there is someone else, this is about his relationship and responsibilities to his daughter. If you aren't together then there's nothing about him being with someone else that needs to come up...unless it's to make sure there are no over nighters when he has his daughter.
    munch12502

• No, your babydaddy doesn't want anything really to do with the baby. And if he calls once a week he justifies that as "taking care" of his child. He has another woman. Move on and be a real "babymomma".
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The problem is you have a baby daddy and not a husband who you go to know and then made a child with. He is not into you and probably does not care about his daughter. He may be a bad guy but you picked him.
    Anonymous

• munch12502

So what are you supposed to do if you need him for something? What if something happens to her and he needs to be notified.

Sorry but your response just makes me chuckle. SS's mom is the custodial parent but there have been many many many times when he is with us and we have not been able to get a hold of her if we needed to. He could literally have died in the time it takes for her to get back to us. See, even custodial parents are lame when it comes to some things.

I think as long as you guys stick by the custody agreement then you have nothing to complain about, and neither does he.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 2:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• He could literally have died in the time it takes for her to get back to us...
    oh, I meant if something had happened, like an accident, he could have died before she even knew anything had happened...and if something god forbid ever does land him in the hospital I don't expect her to know for hours later because she doesn't answer her phone if she doesn't feel like it.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 2:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009