Is my belly too big?

My first baby is almost 8 months old. We are now 4 months pregnant with our second. So i had given birth 4 months before conception of the second. I was exercising regularly as possibly (maybe every 2-3 days) but my weight didnt change much (i gained about 50lbs during the first pregnancy) so my belly was still pretty big.

Now that i am 4 months pregant, my belly looks as if im 7 months pregnant. Now that my little one is older i exercise every day for a minimum of 30minutes but not much has changed.

In this situation, is it normal to have such a big belly? My midwife isnt concerned, but i will ask her at my next checkup.

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 4:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your belly will get bigger the second time around, it's alright. : )
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• im almost 4 months preggo and my sister says that i look six months lol... this is my first... but all my weight gain is in my belly and no where else, i started water areobics, but we will see how it all turns out... i have a lot of people asking me if it is twins lol... but my uterus is flipped and tilted so i hear you cant know for sure until your uterus is back in its normal position... =) but you arent the only one... =) so i guess its kinda normal... there is at least one other person like you
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 4:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• noooooooo i wouldnt worry especially if you say you didnt really lose your baby fat yet, that's jus like if a 300 lb. lady got pregnant she already has a big stomache plus a growing baby so she's goin to get bigger dont worry bout it girl if your docotor or midwife gets concerned then only worry about it but i think you are fine GOOD LUCK!!!
    R0ddyzRide0rDi3

Answer by R0ddyzRide0rDi3 at 6:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Too bad i cant cant click "Select as Best Answer" for all three of you, or i would. Thank you all!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 11:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2009