my friend is married but she love someone else also.what advice i can give her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• If it was my friend, I'd tell her "sorry, but you took the plunge. Too late now." My BFF and I are close like that, though, lol. If she still loves her DH, she needs to ignore it. If she doesn't think she does, maybe she and her DH could get counseling? If there is nothing there, then maybe they shouldn't be together anymore. What's the whole situation?
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Tell her that she took a vow when she got married and that she needs to put other men out of her mind, they are not an option. She needs to turn her loving feelings towards her husband and be fair to him. It is unfair to him to be considering being in love with others. She needs to be an honorable person now and look only toward her husband, not at other men.

Answer by Bmat at 7:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Focus on her HUSBAND! Ask her what this other man has that her husband doesn't? Ask her what did she find attractive about her husband? He must have done something right, for her to pledge her life to him! Do they have children? Could she or he be stressed about finances and depressed about all of the responsibilities they face? Is "Mr Grass-Is-Greener" the antithesis of this--because he is single and childless?

If it's something superficial--like personality or physical fitness, have her try and "improve" (not change) her husband, by helping him to bring out more of what he has that she seems to admire in this other man. She can buy material things for him so he dresses/carries himself better, they can work out together so he/they can lose weight and/or develop muscle tone (sexy!), she can have him select a more flattering haircut?

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• uhhh this is like been asked so many times this morning its stupid....Grow Up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would tell her that she has already made a choice for her mate, and she needs to learn to love the one she's with. Also, tell her to stop thinking about anyone except her husband and how she can make him the happiest man on earth. He chose her, and she chose him. So tell her she needs to get busy taking care of business at home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2009