Very Bad Diaper Rash in my almost 4 week old... HELP!!

Jake will be 4 weeks tomorrow and he has a horrible diaper rash... It is like open blisters, bloody and everything. It was just starting yesterday so I started using butt past and desitin creamy (swaping at every change) I change him when he's wet, its not like he is sitting in a dirty diaper... What else can I do? Should I call the doc due the bleeding?? I feel so bad!! He sat in the tub for a while already, and had naked time... But he hurts so bad you can tell...

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 7:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would call the doc hon poor little guy. go now call doc they may want to see him and can give you something to clear him right up
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Call the dr. My son had something like this when he was a small baby and I think if I remember right it was a yeast infection or something? They have to give them specific meds/lotion that will make it go away right away.

Answer by gemgem at 7:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would call the pedi and they probably will have you go in and may even give you a script, if they do ask for a sample because they can be a lot or ask for generic. Lil tip, I always use diaper rash cream at every change. I hope your baby get well quick. Keep us updated.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Our doctor made us leave our babies diapers off when they slept to get air to it. Of course you have to place a lot of towels underneath then and they were girls so I am not sure what to do with a boy since the plumbing is different.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We had one that bad and it was due to what I ate. It was like a really bad burn. I would call and have it looked at. He may need something stronger than what you are using.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The dr wont do anything but tell you to do what you are doing already! My little girl had the same thing, but hers wasnt diaper rash it was because the little "shitter" poops all the time! She was pooping like 4 times a day and that with wet diapers was just rubbing her little butt sore. They told me to use baby bordeux but i will never buy it again. The orginal desitin works really good and at night i put that and powder on her. But try to use a warm SOFT wash cloth or paper towel to wipe and when he is just wet kind of just dab it instead of wiping. Good luck i know it breaks your heart!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my daughter had the same thing, bleeding and all. Desitin was not helping at all. We stopped using wipes (the chemicals can make it worse). We just used a damp cloth. Then dry his behind. All patting- no wiping!! We found Pinxav layered on generously worked the best. You don't need a prescription for it, but a lot of places keep it at the pharmacy. If it still won't clear up- call the doctor because it could be yeast!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2009