Anyone here on food stamps??

Well I've been for less than a year.. and we just had our 'renewal'. I was a waitress and been laid off so now we're down to one income.. So pretty much DH grosses 1800 a month... our rent is 1010$ a month... our electric is close to 200$ a month... so when it comes down to it..

Our expenses per month..
1500$-- a month after taxes
-1010$ -- rent
-200$ -- electric
-130$ -- Car insurance
-120$ -- Gas
- 60$ -- Diapers
-40$-- wipes
= -60$$

So what I'm saying is.. we were recieving 372$ per month.. and now it went down to 296$ how the HELL is that possible?? I know they don't see haivng a car or car insurance as important.. but DH lives 20 MI from work, and I'm in school. I don't know what to do... I mean we seriously don't have any extra money for food and we always run out of food before the end of the month. Does anyone who gets food stamps think the amount is a little low, considering our expenses??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They do not consider your expenses, have you ever thought about finding a cheaper place too live?

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• iwish i could not go find another job and get a free 296 a month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• wow that is low. hmmm i am on them and we have five people in the house hubby is the only one that works right not and i get 638 a month
    Anonymous

• Yes anon.. because it's easy to find a job now a days and go to school AND put TWO kids in daycare.. yeah because only ALL of my paycheck would go to daycare.

We are in a LEASE which doesn't end until June so we have no options with that aspect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• See, I know a lot of people who get food stamp money like that.. which is why i don't see why we aren't getting hardly any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I feel you pain mama, can you get a cheaper place to rent? That might help alot, also how many cars do you have, 130.00 for one is a bit high, if it is for 2 cars it is still a bit higher than what I pay, look around and see if you can find it cheaper, 40.00 for wipes is high, how many children in do you have that use wipes..I dont think you will be able to do anything about your FS amount, they go by the number of people in your home and your income, not your take home pay, expenses are a small factor in you monthly FS amount
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i dont know hon i dont understand? how many people are in your family
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'M THE ONE WHO WROTE THE QUESTION::

THERE ARE 4 PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY, 2 YOUNG KIDS.. WHO ARE IN DIAPERS AND WIPES. WE'RE IN A LEASE, AND THERE'S NOT TO MANY CHEAPER PLACES, UNLESS WE WANT TO LIVE IN REALLY BAD AREAS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• wxcuses i knew knew someone that was s single mom with 3 kids worked full time and was going back to school and she did NONE of the bull hand out crap all people like you do is make excuses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• ANON:
    YES BECAUSE I'M SURE YOU KNEW HER LIFE. SHE PROBABLY HAD DAYCARE FROM THE STATE OR THEY WERE IN SCHOOL. YOU GO AHEAD AND PAY REAL DAYCARE EXPENSES AND COME BACK AND TELL ME HOW IT IS. GO SCREW Y OURSELF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2009