• In the Spotlight:

Tips?

My daughter and i are going on a cruise to cancun in a month does anyone have any tips?Something that may be helpful to us. One friend told me to take a cooler full of drinks because there drinks cost 3 bucks each.Any more tips would be great!

kim168

Asked by kim168 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no sorry never been on one but have fun!!!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Just have lots of fun and don't do like I did and gain 5 pounds. LOL I did notice people carrying 12 pks of sodas when we were boarding so I guess that is a good idea if you drink a lot of them. Have a great time!!!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Dont drink the water when you get off (if you get off) at ports of you may get mantazumas revenge.

Answer by gemgem at 8:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have never been on a cruise, LUCKY !! Have fun.. the drinks idea is great.
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thought of something else....get some nondrowsy Dramamine. I don't get seasick usually but on one of our Sea Days I got a little queasy. The meds they have available on the ship made me really sleepy so get the nondrowsy stuff just in case.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Don't let your suit case out of your site until you know that it is secure. My mother had a bunch of jewelry stolen from her on a cruise once. It was awful because she had real sentimental pieces in there like things from both of my grandmothers. I still want to cry thinking about it....
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I want to give a tip on the one that took all of her precious jewelry with her and all got stolen that was a very dumb move...omg common sense people common sense.

Tip for  beckcorc

NEVER NEVER NEVER TAKE YOUR MOST VALUEABLE THINGS WITH YOU ON A CRUISE WHY FLAUNT YOUR STUFF SO THAT LATER SOMEONE IS WATCHING YOU AND TAKE IT. AARRGG IT JUST MAKES ME MAD JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Have fun and don't worry about gaining weight. When are you going to go on a cruise again? Probably not for a really long time. When can you go on a diet? Anytime. Just have fun and leave your worries behind.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Wow, I've never been on a cruise before, but I imagine plenty of sunscreen would be necessary.
    I like the advice of everyone else here.
    From the movies I've seen, don't trust any locals to take you on "special tours" or anything, especially the gorgeous guys or the poor, defenseless looking children and peasants.
    Also, don't trust any gorgeous guy who comes up to you and says he works for the CIA or for the government of another country and is at risk of being killed because "they" are onto him and he needs to exchange his currency for your currency, for which he will reward you for by giving you more than the going currency rate.
    Don't discuss any personal info where anyone might hear - your names, occupations, addresses, etc. It's amazing what is spoken about in casual conversations and then used for identity theft.
    Have fun!!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• COOL. Just have fun. Looks like a lot great advice. But HAVE FUN!!!! : )
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009