Tore really bad durring birth, when will I get some relife?

I am 4 weeks PP and I tore really bad durring birth. I tore towards the front, not the back and it was awful! I am still so sore and my cute(whatever you want to call it, the rip) still is bleeding... I am no longer bleeding or spotting... I just want to know when you think I might be able to sit indian style on the floor again? (Thats just an example of what I cant do) I heard so many ladies are already making love again at this time and I want to! Is it normal to still be sore??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh honey, I feel your pain. You should be seen for follow up care at this point. Call your doctor. I tore and was cut really badly, front to back, and I put off getting follow up care for way too long. I still hadn't healed at 6 months (sex was out of the question) and I ended up needed some minor work done to repair it because I waited so long. They can use something called silver nitrate to help you heal. It helps to cauterize the open wound. It hurts, but it's not that bad. They might also prescribe an estrogen cream to help you heal a little faster, too. You should try to keep your legs together as much as is humanly possible, avoid putting soap or other products directly on the wound, and take a daily sitz bath in epsom salts to help you heal. Did they send you home with a plastic bottle so you can spray/wash the area with water several times a day? That would also help. Poor thing. I remember that pain well. Good luck!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Call your OB and see if you can get in earlier to be checked, after four weeks you should have been healed by now unless the stickes came out or something like that, have you taken baths with epson salts, they really help with healing and the soreness.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I havent done anything... the hospital didnt send me home with anything and was not told what to do... I was using some spray to help with pain/itching...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I tore really bad to so I feel your pain! I was sore for 3 months, at the end 2 weeks my doc gave me a cream to put on it to help it heal. Hope you feel better.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree you should get it checked out incase something is delaying the healing process.
    if possible bathe twice a day, even if its just for 2 minutes. also try and sluice the area down with warm water after passing urine . the things we have to cope with, you couldn't make it up!
    lucy222

Answer by lucy222 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I tore up too but the OB didn't stitch me up so now I am permanently like this (but the office is claiming I am normal and that I didn't tear). All I can say is to keep using the spray bottle. Good luck.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i couldn't do ANYTHING for about 6 weeks when i ripped.
    vcrumbley

Answer by vcrumbley at 11:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thank you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2009