• In the Spotlight:

My son has to have his circumcision touched up...

Am I the worst mom in the world? Is it because I didn't take care of it well enough? I thought I did good but...

Please no anti circ stuff...I know your speeches and I don't want to hear it. I am upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No ur not the worst mom in the world!!! Things happen and thats the way it is... You did what you could and who's to say that the doc didnt do it? Right? Your Lil' Man will be fine and you should be a pro at the vasilne and gauze thing by now, lol.... There is always a chance that something wont go perfectly and we have to deal... your a great mom, you know how I know?? If you werent you would care and be totaly hurt by this. You hang in there momma! Your doing fine :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I doubt it's anything you did. A lot of times, the docs don't do it right (so I've heard).
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Not anything you did and NO you are NOT a bad mother.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son has been having trouble with his circumcision too. I felt bad at first but I believe in the benefits of circumcision. It will be okay, once it is touched up and healed, he will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• But, I do wonder what you mean by "touched up". What exactly is the problem, if you don't mind sharing?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The the skin has re-attached to the head. My doc says that I might be able to fix it by retracting it with vaseline at every diaper change, but I may have to bring him to a urologist to have it separated. My MIL thinks the OB left too much foreskin, but I'm afraid I just didn't do a good job taking care of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm sure you did a good job. You seem like a good mom, because you care. Hopefully, there won't be a need for a surgical correction. Tell you MIL that it's better to leave too much then to take too much!!! It's hard to judge on newborns just how much foreskin "should" be removed, so you ARE lucky that they did not take too much. (For the record, I don't believe any amount of foreskin should be removed from a newborn, though.) Good luck! Hope everything works out.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2009