what kind of sentence should they give ?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29381736

its about an autistic boy who beat him mom to death ... hes 18 ...

i think they should give him the same sentence as they would give any 18 y/o who did that , its murder no matter how u slice it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree murder is murder. He's an adult. Did an adult crime and should do adult time.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• life in prison. or the death penalty. No rehab. He will do it again. We have to stop letting people, who hurt and kill others, off because of a mental handicap. It puts everyone else in danger.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• they said they need to have him evaluated to see if he can stand trial -- and as i see in news stories and things , when that happens they usually get a light sentence ... he deserves WAY more than a slap on the wrist ... and no county jail either , send him upstate where the killers belong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I read an article a while ago about the mother saying she would have to hide in a closet and lean against the door to keep him from kicking it in.

So here's the question - if this was not an isolated incident, and nothing had been done to stop the behavior, how does he know it was wrong? He can barely speak a half dozen words, has frequent violent tantrums - I can't imagine they'll come back and say he's competent to stand trial for this.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• even if he cant stand trial he needs to be in the state pen ... along w/ the murderers , rapists ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

seig heil
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• As the mother of two autistic children, I think you need to really LOOK at the facts of this case!

From what I read, this "man" was SEVERELY autistic--meaning he also likely had a degree of mental retardation. This man had severe outbursts, and I don't think he was on an appropriately monitored medication to help control him. His mother had to literally LOCK herself in her closet to keep him from abusing her!

Personally, I think this man was NOT being treated appropriately, I think he SHOULD have either been in an institution, or on a closely monitored medication, and receiving appropriate interventions and behavioral therapies.

Therefore, if he had the mental capacity of a CHILD, would you want to see him "fry" or would you rather he spend the rest of his life in an institution?

JMHO!
    P.S. My children are high functioning and verbal, do not have MR, do not have violent outbursts, and do not take medication.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• 1) his name is Sky Walker as in Luke Skywalker. That is child abuse right there. 2) The gaurds in the state pen have enough to deal with without this guy thrown into the mix. LOCK HIM UP in a mental institute FOR LIFE. There really is little need for a trial in criminal courts, He is obviously guilty. They should be focusing on proving that he is crimially insane. At this point it is about protecting the public. Just disgusting that a professor didn't get help for her son before he was big enough to kill her! A more detailed link would have been nice, I'm going by LoriKeet for some of my opinion.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes he is an adult but I don't think he should be thrown in jail to rott for the rest of his life. He is severly mentally handicapped. He needs to be institutionalized and should have been years ago before he killed his one mother in a fit of outrage.
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 10:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• it shouldnt matter wth is wrong w/ him! he killed!!! ... he should get life!!! ANYONE who kills should get life! u take a life , urs should be taken away also ... and LoveMyDog , thats the only link i seen on it today ... so thats the one that was given for my question ... i felt that if u wanted to comment on it u could read the story on ur own instead of me telling u what its mostly about ...

lol and i just noticed in my post i put "...beat HIM mom to death" ... lol b4 i get bashed i meant HIS lol ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2009