why would he withdraw troops?

IMO - i dont think they need to be withdran .. obviosuly theres still conflict over there that needs solved .. i know as soon as he does this , the US is going to have another problem .. the troops need to stay over there until its all done w/.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree. If he is planning on bringing them home...why did he just deploy more troops to Iraq?
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• because he is an idiot and has no idea what he is doing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree with you. If we pull our troops out early I guarantee we will be back within a year. The Middle East already thinks Obama is weak and we will probably be attacked again.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It was a campaign promise, that got Obama some votes. He played a political card, that's all. And being the smooth talker he is (having graduated from Bill Clinton's School of Semantics and Double Talk), he'll "re-explain" what he REALLY meant by troop withdrawl....withdrawing from one country to another...to placate his supporters.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The troops are staying there, he's just relocating them to Afghanistan. We will still have a huge presence in the region, we're just moving them around. Also, you can bet that no matter how much we take out of Iraq, we are still going to have a nominal presence there for years.

Not looking forward to the bloodshed, though. It's after the pullout begins that casualties will rise.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Because he said he would. Or at least it's what he implied to get himself elected. I am with you, they need to fight it out over there, and yes I am that elfish to not want it here where my children are! I think he got into office, was given access to the top secret stuff, and realized he can't pull them out!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• not Elfish...lol Selfish!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree momof030404--
    I really think he thought playing the role of POTUS was all about photo ops and ribbon cuttings, nad "big check" presentations! That's why he looked ashen after the first time he met with Bush! He looked like he was going to hurl! Welcome to the Big League Obama!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Personally,it looks like you guys don't know what you are talking about. But,hey-go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

So why don't you try to tell people what they don't get? Instead you just make a fly by comment that is not helpful in any ways at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009