My daughter has had a runny nose now for over a week

Well she is 9 months and I know that she is teething, and that a runny nose can company teething and a fever. Well the problem is her snot is lime green. Now when i was growing up green meant an infection. Well her pedis office is now telling me that they dont look at the color anymore because color doesnt mean anything. I dont know how that changed after 26 years, but they said it did. So when do i know if it is a sinus infection or just teething. I feel so bad for her because it has been close to 2 weeks and the poor thing cant breath. I try to do saline spray/drops and sucking it out but she wont let me suck! She screams and squrims and I am afraid i am going to put it too far up in her nose LOL so i just stop. So what do you guys suggest? I am taking her to a new dr on Monday, but they cant see her til then. oh and i do a humidifier too, so i have my basis covered. with that.

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 8:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup do that! and i did take her to the dr its a cold!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 5:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Well if she is being cranky and feverish it could be that she is teething. Give her Tylenol and Motrin alternate them every 2 hours as you go. Example Tylenot at 1 o'clock then at 3 o'clock give Motrin. Then Tyleno at 5 o'clock then Motrin at 7 o'clock even though those medicine sound the same they are not. This has helped be out through my years with my babies. Try it.

As far as her runny nose just keep wiping but at the same time dab a very small amount of vick's vapor rub (or store brand will be fine) just enough so she can inhale alittle of it this should help it slow down. And again it works for me :)

I hope ur daughter feels alot better.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I was just reading the same thing for my son... what I read was if they have a snotty nose and fever for more than 10 days then you bring them to the doctor... otherwise I think you assume virus
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009