When do you buy your daughter their first training bra?

SnowLady28

Asked by SnowLady28 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My oldest dd is almost 20 so its been awhile lol. I want to say she was in 5th grade when she requested one. It was around the same time she got her monthly.

Answer by gemgem at 9:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my dd is 11 and she's been wearing them since she was 10. I remember being in 5th grade too when I started wearing them.
    zekenmel

Answer by zekenmel at 10:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My sd who is 11 isn't wearing one yet. She is not developed at all. But I was thinking of getting her one just to get her used to wearing it before she really delvelopes. If she takes after her mom and sis, she will develope soon and lots....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my dd is 10 isnt wearing still. she is developed so thinking to make her wear this is the rite period for daughters as we also gone through it ................... lols
    sweetpal

Answer by sweetpal at 11:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Why torment her and make her wear something so uncomfortable? Wait till she asks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My DD is 10 and she's been wearing one since last summer, but she can still get away with wearing an under shirt too. It really all depends on what type of top she's wearing.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• oh goodness. my SD just started wearing them and she is only 8. She doesn't wear them all the time. I wouldn't have even had her wear them because if she is developing i sure as hell can't tell. ha ha. I don't think she needs them or should have them, but for some reason she started occassionally wanting them. I think it was just something she saw someone at school wearing. And then her BM thinks she is developing and that her new sense of privacy (sometimes...) means she needed them. lol. But I can't fight her on this one.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i bought her her first one last yr..its not happening...she needs to wear one though.my middle daughter is a 40ddd and i think my youngest maybe going that way.i asked my mil where did it come from she said her grandmother over in italy was a large chested woman.i am flat as a board...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Depends on the shape of your daughter. We were told before she even arrived into this world she had a broad chest. She is 9 now and we mainly have the sports bras. She tells me other girls in her class have the padded ones. Hey, if they need one...I believe we as Mom's need to make sure they look good and no one makes fun of them. You know what I mean? I say alittle girl the other day in 2nd grade that really really needed one.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My first was 10 and it was becoming obvious that she was developing so we got her some. She hates wearing them so it was a bit of a battle. My twins are small in all areas so even though they are 11 they don't yet need them. If you can tell the girl has breasts then it's time to start.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2009