formula

My 8 month old is refusing formula! for breakfast and dinner everyday she gets a bottle with her solids. The past few days though she refuses to drink her bottle. I tried putting it in a sippy. I tried not making her solids until she finishes her bottle but she wont drink them. She is only drinking like 16oz a day at most because i cant seem to get her to drink it. She is still peeing and pooping and gaining weight but i dont know how to get her to drink her bottles. The only bottle she will eat half of without throwing a fit is her before bed bottle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she drinking anything else during the day? If so...substitute formula (don't give her water or juice)

I would either cut back on the solids so she's not as filled up, or start working towards table foods where she will get more nutrition from table foods anyway.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Has she been drinking formula out of the sippy? My daughter did the same thing. As soon as I started her on solids she was done with her bottle. I started adding formula to her food as well as giving it to her in a sippy cup with all meals. I still offered her a bottle but she wasn't having it! I bought a NUBY cup and that was it.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If she is refusing her bottles, what else in the way of liquids are you offering, are her bottles still warmed(yuck), if so try cool bottles or sippy cups, add liquids to her foods also. She should be drinking at least 22 oz of formula or milk, and 4-8 oz of juice, plus 4-8 oz of water a day. Offer the liquid after she eats or in between the time she is eating. She is growing up mom, adjust to her.
    59cinderella

Answer by 59cinderella at 10:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If she's drinking formula, she doesn't need any water and juice is NOT necessary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009