So anyone else feeling hit hard by this sucky economy?!

Well I just found out that I am loosing the little girl i baby sit two days a week! We already cant afford to loose any money let alone this much! My hubby busts his butt sometimes 6 days a week because everything else keeps going up but the paycheck! So I just wanted to see hear of how you guys are holding it together and making ends meet! This sucks!!!! I just keep trying to tell myself my mom and dad did it the year i was born, so i can do it with my little one! But it is really hitting us hard! So what are some things you do to keep your sanitity in these hard times?

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 9:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hope that everyone soon gets everything they need and deserve!!!!!!!! I am trying to keep my head high i hope you guys can too!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 5:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes. I have a home business and I've seen in the past 3 months that business is not only slowing but Im losing clients I've had for years. It sucks and it's scary.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 9:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We have been hit pretty hard in our area. We used to make just about every furntinure sold in the united states in my area and most of the plants have closed or gone to other countries. Our unemployment rate is high. My husband was laid off in 04 then got a job working fiber optics and was laid off from them in June. He found one job but wasnt making any money (literally) from it and quit. Im graduating college and am lined up for a job in social services and was told Monday they placed a hiring freeze on the county so now I dont know when we go back to work blah. I have an application in at headstart and know the director so Im hoping to be the social worker there but its part time. We have been hit bad. Thank God for our dwindling savings LOL/

Answer by gemgem at 9:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• things are just as bad here in the UK. it is scary. and its hard trying to hide your worries from your kids because they get anxious too. I just try and remind myself that we are still better off than a lot of people in the world and be thankful for the things in life that are free, but its not easy when another bill comes through the door!

lucy222

Answer by lucy222 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I started using more coupons and checking all the sale adds. Its amazing what you can save.
    4boysandmom

Answer by 4boysandmom at 10:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• For now,,we(DH &I) are doing good. The bad economy has not hurt us. We are actually getting a house built. We are taking advantage of the bad housing market. 2,,3 years ago, we wouldn't have been able to buy a new home this large. For the price we are paying.

But I do feel for all of you that are having a hard time right now.

Answer by louise2 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Things were so bad for us last year when we lost our home and were homeless for 5 months(mom and three kids) and lived with friends during that time. I coupon shop, buy on clearance, and check freecycle on yahoo groups quite often.
    59cinderella

Answer by 59cinderella at 10:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We were hit hard too, We run on a such a tight budget with all the bills we have to pay, My SO took yesterday off because he was sick with the bug and now I can't afford to go to work on Friday because I have to extra for a sitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Ayuh! Wicked bad!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Things are really bad here in Ohio and in Toledo for sure. We have a jeep plant and a GMC plant and they are laying off and letting go like crazy. My DH is job foreman for an awning company and has been laid off since Jan. I work for a local contractor and my hours are down until spring...so we are kind of freaking out. We are sitting on our income tax return like hens on chicks because we don't know when things will pick up for the two of us. I buy lots of canned goods, clip coupons, buy cheaper soap etc. We have begun having a cards/game night at my SIL house and we all take turns hosting. It is a way to have fun with fam and friends and not break the bank. When I get really down, I call my Papa who is 95 and was 23 during the great depression. Or I google pics of the great depression...just when you think you have it bad...man oh man just look at what those people went through.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009