Why does my dog moan making a high pitch sound

I have a 3 year old male Shizt zu. When I first got him, he was so lovable and cuddly. For about a week he has been so cranky. He makes this high pitch moaning sound and it's working my nerves. I let him out, thinking he needs to go. He pee a little but does alot of sniffing. He wakes up in the middle of the night moaning. Do I need to take him to the vet or what?

RidingPink

Asked by RidingPink at 9:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pets

• Maybe a noise is bothering him or maybe he might be in pain.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Get him checked, he may have a bladder infection. Peeing a little and often is usually a symptom, I used to breed Pekes so....
    59cinderella

Answer by 59cinderella at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't have a dog but my cat was waking me up in the night crying and he was really grumpy to everyone. when I took him to the vet he had a bladder infection and couldn't hardly pee. Having a litter box and going out side i didn't notice him not peeing. I think that might be your dog's problem. I would get him checked.
    kenziesmom2006

Answer by kenziesmom2006 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Listen to your dog, he is trying to tell you something...go get him cked out! Something is diffently bothering him. lol
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i have a shepherd who has a high pitched howl...when its night and he hears somethinghe howls..it is kind of cool.when the cayotes come out in the spring they talk to each other.my vet said there may be a little wolf somewhere down the line cause he really doesnt bark he just has that high pitch howl...unless he is mad......
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'd take him to the vet... ditto !~
    Anonymous