Can I wait until Monday?

I have had a low grade fever for the past 8 days... It's the only thing that I've had, just achey, tired, coooold, and weak. I have had an appetite, after I take ibuprofen it goes down, I feel a little better and then it's back.
My insurance goes into affect on Monday so I wondered if it would be ok to wait until then to call the Dr. She can usually get me in the same day, my sister said I need to go now and they can wait to send it off for billing... I don't feel right about that, what do you think? I hope this wasn't a terribly stupid question.....

4x4mum

Asked by 4x4mum at 9:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• I say wait. Tell Monday.

Answer by louise2 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If all you have is the low grade fever and the aches and chills, you can keep treating usually with tylenol and motrin opposite each other, and wait for Mondasy, if symptoms get worse go to dr. immediately
    59cinderella

Answer by 59cinderella at 10:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thank you, my sister was worried because I have had fever for so long... I told her I would be fine, so I thought I would go on here and see what others would say... Ease her mind,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sounds like nothing a Dr. can give you anything for anyway. Stop taking the ibuprofin and let the fever do what it's supposed to...kill the inffection you are fighting.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• reason you have fever is because its trying to fight off the infection. go first thing on monday
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 11:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• aS LONG AS YOU'RE FEVER DOESN'T GET TOO HIGH. iA SAY WAIT UNTIL MONDAY.
    LND

Answer by LND at 2:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2009