How do you feel about prop feeding your infants?

I asked this yesterday and it was deleted before I got to read a lot of answers, so hopefully CM doesn't delete it again.

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 10:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, thanks for all the answers! Some of you must have reading issues because the question does not say "How do you feel about other people prop feeding their infants?"

So, the negative responses were unnecessary.

There's been a couple times when I prop fed but only when they needed to eat at the same time. I wish all you haters and darth vaders out there would spend a day in every other mom's life and then say what you said.

To the poster who said that even if she had 2-3 babies she would never do it, can you please PM me and tell me how you would? I'm still trying to figure that out, so your advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't propfeed all the time. I have my twins on opposite schedules so that when one is fed I have 30 mins before the other needs to be fed. If I am feeding them at the same time (rarely) I alternate and whoever I'm not holding is right next to me, head elevated and still bonding with me.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 4:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• With my first i propd him up on my legs, with the second i put a pillow under him and held it with a blanket...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I feel if you are doing it so that you can just be lazy and play a game on the computer then it is just that pure laziness. If you are doing it b/c you are honestly really busy at the time with something important then go ahead. But no matter what if you do it make sure it is supervised so that the baby doesn't choke.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It should never be done.
    It's not safe... the baby could choke and a baby should be held for feedings as part of bonding and development.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't think it should ever be done.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I rarely if ever did it because I was concerned about ear infections. If I had to go to the bathroom or something and couldnt wait then I might have propped for that 2 min.

Answer by gemgem at 10:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have done it before but Im alway in the same room with him and I ck on him frequently and burp him often. I don't like doing it but sometime I have to
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I breastfeed my baby but I have heard that it is dangerous to do. But as long as you are watching them I don't see the problem.
    kenziesmom2006

Answer by kenziesmom2006 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• IMO. As long as the baby is not lying flat on it's back(baby is sitting up) it should be OK. My kids are grown now,,I did it on actions. And they are ok,healthy

Answer by louise2 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You should never prop your baby while feeding. It is dangerous and choking can occur. Hold him or her while feeding. I took child daycare class and prop feeding is a big NO!!!!!!!!!!
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009