A little spotting but my BBT is still high

Ok I started spotting a little bit last night. When i wipe there was a little smear of blood. Well this morning my BBT was higer then it's been yet in my luteal phase. Although this past week I haven't had a full nights sleep. I have been waking up a lot throughout the night either because im hot, or just for no reason my body just wakes me... What i dont understand is, i know once your suppose to get your period you temp drops. My AF is due tomorrow... Any advice or why my temp is still so high if i started spotting a little bit last night? and should i test or just wait it out?

haileysmom15

Asked by haileysmom15 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's not unusual for your temps to stay high during your period before your progesterone levels have gone all the way back down. Mine have dropped anywhere from the day before I start to a couple of days after I start. And since you don't count the start of your period until you start actual period flow, you might go a couple of days with just spotting and still have a high temp until your period actually starts.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thank you for your answer. I dont feel preggers at all.. and then again i dont feel like im getting my period, I just feel normal and the spotting is barely there just every once in a while.. All well if not this month i guess i will just keep on truckin huh LOL..
    haileysmom15

Answer by haileysmom15 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009