• In the Spotlight:

Help!!!! Is there something I can do to help boost my milk production?

I have heard in the past that there are vitamins or something out there that can boost a womens milk production, I just don't remember what it is. With my other two boys I was not able to breastfeed past 1 week. I am willing to try almost anything to make it work this time.

moonbeam864

Asked by moonbeam864 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• fenugeek.....or fenurgeek.....something like that u can find it in any vitiamine section ....it works i used it for 4 kids...or u can drink mothers milk tea usaly found anywhere....main ingtreident is the above mentioned
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 10:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I found that just relaxing increased my milk supply. If you know you have a problem with milk production, you may want to talk to your doctor and see what he/she thinks. For me, all I had to do was relax and release any tension in my body.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• First, what were the problems you had in the past? A lot of people seem to think they are "drying up" after a week or so, but truly, that is when your milk regulates. You're still pregnant, or you have a newborn? I'd like to be able to help you!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Fhttp://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/all_about_fenugreek.html
    Try this link. Fenugreek works well, that is what I used. You can also use alfalfa and or raspberry. You an get them all at an Herb store.
    slimm123

Answer by slimm123 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009