Do you give your child a morning and afternoon snack?

Do you give your child both or just one? Just wondering. I feel like my dd can't go two hours without eating!

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel like my dd eats more then I do LOL. I give her breakfast then try and keep in between snacks healthy like string cheese, yogurt etc but yea she gets both and sometimes hardly eats dinner which is fine.I figure she pigs out all day.

Answer by gemgem at 10:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son gets a snack when he is hungry. Sometimes it will be a couple of snacks a day. During the week he is in school so I send him a snack as well as his lunch. He pretty much always wants a snack when he gets home from school too.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I work in a day care and we give them both. Kids do a lot of running around and burn energy. I don't blame them for being hungry.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Never gave my DD's snacks.Brekfeast,,lunch and dinner. That's all they got.

Answer by louise2 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I follow the daycare schedule, they go 3x per week, so the days at home I do the same... Breakfast around 8:00, snack around 9:30-10, lunch at about noon, nap, then snack after nap, then dinner, then a little something for dessert. I feel like they eat ALL DAY LONG, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Up until recently (last couple of months) they had two snacks. Now they only get the afternoon snack.

That is unless the gap between breakfast and lunch has to be greater than usual...

It's healthier to eat several smaller "meals" per day anyway....well, that's the recommendation today anyway! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• When preschool age both. Once school age just the afternoon. In the summer I hide the snacks because they get in this habbit of the "all day graze" and then won't eat the 3 squares.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My doctor said to let my daughter eat as long as she was hungry b/c I brought it up to him that she was a big time snacker. She isn't even close to being overweight so as long as her snacks are healthy I give them to her. (by healthy I mean no high frutose corn syrup, and too much white sugar)
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My kids get 3 snacks a day in the am then at 3ish when they get home from school and the last one befor bed.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009