How long after conception...

I know when to test for pregnancy if you have missed a period or are late, but I am breastfeeding so I haven't had a period since my dd was born. I know ovulation is decreased druing breastfeeding, but doesn't always stop completely. DH and I had unprotected sex, how long should I wait to test for possible pregnancy if I don't have a missed/late period to go by?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• At least 2 weeks after you had sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You can get a test up to 5 days before your missed peroid. But, I would wait till your period is due and take a test or like 2 days before.
    Chasity.Sifford

Answer by Chasity.Sifford at 12:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• starting at about 10 days. It takes 7-10 days for implantation to occur and then hcg to start being produced. My level was 251 at 12 dpo so I should have shown + on a hpt at around 10 days if I tested that early. That was about 5-6 days before my AF was due. Good luck with what ever way you are hoping for!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2009