hcg level

I took 2 tests 2 weeks ago and they both said neg. I took 2 on Fri 2/13 and they both were pos. On the 2/16 I went to the doc and they did a vaginal ultrasound and couldn't c anything. They did a blood test and my bhcg was 1300. I made an appt with my ob and 2 days later she took blood and my bhcg was 2500. So it is going up like it's suppose to. This is my first child and I jumped the gun as soon as I had 2 pos test by running to the doc. Ob said it may be too early to see anything. They did the ultrasound when my bhcg was 1300 NOT 2500. I had an ultrasound appt for March 4th and ofcourse I'm freaking out!!!!

Megan24

Asked by Megan24 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hcg doesnt mean how far along you are so it may be way to soon to show up on ultra sound hcg will double every 48 - 72 hours for the first i think 12 weeks but i dont remember for sure
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I had 2 ealry ultrasounds because they had to make sure i wasnt having a tubal pregnancy. Your levels are good. My levels were only 800 and they seen the thickening of the endometrium but no baby or sack. Then when my levels were 11300 a couple weeks later... they seen that baby and i heard the heart beat.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2009