A question for SAHM's, do you worry about being able to find a job when you go back to work?

With the state of the economy, I am worried that when my daughter goes to school I won't be able to find a job.. just wondering if anyone else has this same worry

jdadmommy

Asked by jdadmommy at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nope. I do other things I can put down on my resume like I am going to college so Ill have a degree. I also do volunteer work which also makes your resume look nice. There is plenty you can do while being a SAHM and still be able to go back to work.

Answer by gemgem at 10:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I will be going back to school to finish the degree I was working on when I became a STAHM before I try to get a job, so hopefully that will help. I do worry though that the time off just being a mom might not look awesome of a resume, but I also think most employers understand women staying home with small children, especially when the cost of childcare is so high.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I do from time to time...I'm not worried about the economy so much as I'm worried about whether or not I will look like a desirable canidate for the position considering I've been a SAHM for so long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm honestly not worried. My husband is military, and we are getting by on his paycheck right now. He will never go down in pay, and so I am fine with it. I will be going back to college this next year if my daughter starts full day kindergarten, but I will continue to be a SAHM. I may work after she is in middle school, but for now I really want to be home for her elementary days because I have been able to do this with both my boys and chaperone field trips and everything. I will continue to work on a degree so that when I do get her into middle school I will be able to get a job.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Has never been easier. In today's economy it seems there's no hope. But I want to change your view. I stay home with my 4 kids. I really enjoy being with my kiddos. They brighten my day. That's why I am trying to get more Moms to stay home with their families. I've teamed up with a 100% "GREEN" wellness company. They have helped me start my own business and they help me achieve my goals. Now I want to share that with everyone. Let me help you achieve your financial goals. You can do it by yourself or with your spouse. Team work gets everything done. We have lots of support so if you ever need help you just call on one of the team members. It's a great way to supplement or even replace your income. If you are serious, then request more information at www.familiesrok.com. Let's set up a short 30 minute appointment and change your path! It really works for me but to each her own.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 12:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No. I don't need to work. If my husband left me tomorrow I have inheritance money that would allow me to live as I do now for the rest of my life. If my husband lost him job same thing. We don't touch my inheritance now but would if needed.
    Anonymous

• Not financially but for my own sanity. I am trying to decide what classes to take while I am still a SAHM. So when I finished at home I can have a nice job.
    lilnivy

Answer by lilnivy at 2:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Nope, I have a home buisness and by the time my son is ready to go to school, I will be making a fulltime income from home :-)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 2:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes, I worry about the same thing jdadmommy!
    bam920

Answer by bam920 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Nope! I'm currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. No matter how bad the economy is, there will always be crime lol.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009