Update Starting Chantix, Does it make you sick, high?

It is my 2nd day, and I don't feel anything. They say it takes 7 days to kick in, I am excited, yet waiting for me to stop. My quit date is Monday, please pray for me and give me shot outs, I so bad want to quit for my self and my kids. :)

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• Thats great that u are wanting to quit and that you are! especially for your children!! your heatlh is very important to them!!!
    i hope it all works out for you!
    I quit cold turkey 5 weeks ago and have not had one craving even tho my dh still smokes like a chimney! he wants to try that chantix . i hope he does!!
    either way keep up the good work girl!! u can do it!
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 11:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My husband was on Chantix and it didn't work for him BUT that was because I don't think he really wanted to quit.While he was on it he did slow down alot and he did feel sick if he smoked. I work in a hospital and a year ago our network went smoke free. You are not aloud to smoke anywhere on any of the hospital grounds. I work with alot of people and they used Chantix and it worked for them. I think the key is you have to want to quit. I quit years ago cold turkey and that worked for me but I wish you the best of luck and do not get dicouraged it may take a little longer or it may not but good luck
    deedees77

Answer by deedees77 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009