Taking Chance with Kevin Bacon

Did anyone see Taking Chance? How did it make you feel? Did it make you feel differently about the war? the country?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't put any stock in what Hollywood LIBERALS think about politics, the environment or other social issues. ACTORS are ENTERTAINERS...they play "make believe!" Their job is to be convincing, to portray a character in a certain way--they way they or a director WANTS the character to be portrayed.

ANYONE can be an actor...it's not like they are a chosen species with a special gift that makes them experts in anything but acting.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree 100% with loriKeet's reply!

sharebearmomof2

Answer by sharebearmomof2 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• LOL, LoriKeet, how do you really feel? Not sure it answered the question though...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We do not subscribe to HBO, so I haven't seen it.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• And not ANYONE can be an actor. It does take talent. Some people just DON'T have it.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I haven't seen it...we don't have HBO, but I'm sure it'll be out on DVD soon enough, but honestly if the liberals in Hollywood put it out....it's probably not accurate nor something I want to see.
    Anonymous

• Ditto on the land of make believe, Anything to keep a wrinkly actor relevant.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i haven't seen it and i don't quite understand how being an actor nullifies your opinions and beliefs on current events or politics.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I havent seen it but I agree with Lorikeet
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i saw it! it made me feel so sad. to think his parent had to recieve their son in a BOX. it just broke my heart. my hubby is a marine and im soooo afraid that he will get sent over there! that movie had few words but the stares said it all!!!!
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2009