being sick?

My daughter has been sick so I brought her to the doctor and they gave her meds because she has an ear infection and a chest cold but now shes throwing up and can't even keep water down. Should I be worried or just let it play out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call the Dr. and let them know she is vomiting.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• An ear infection not a chest cold should be causing her to throw up. Sounds like she has a virus. I would take her back to the dr. and constantly check to see if she has a fever.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• okay thats what i was thinking i just didn't want to over react
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Well, did they give antibiotics for the ear infection?? They could be upsetting her stomach, just give them to her with food and it should help. Or it could be the ear infection causing her nausea and vomiting. My sons often get this when they get ear infections. With all the fluid built up in their ears, it throws off their equilibrium and makes them dizzy and they get sick to their stomach. Just have her rest for the day. With meds, her ears should start to clear up in a day or so and so should the vomiting. If the vomiting continues, then it's likely she has a virus too. Viruses tend to accompany ear infections. Good luck and I hope she starts to feel better soon.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 11:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• This is what the ped. reccomended when our son had phenomonia..... Feed her pedialyte or gatorade in our case cause our son doesnt like the other stuff and feed it to her by a tsp.. You dont want her getting dehydrated so any little thing will help. My sons old ped. kept sending him home saying that it was just a virus and that he had to get over it on his own. Well come to find out he was running a 105.2 temp one night and we rushed him to the er and thats when we found out he had phenomonia so keep a good eye on your baby cause us mommys know best. Good luck and I hope she gets better soon.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2009