My DD will be 5 months old tomorrow and no rolling is this normal???

she will roll when she is on our bed propped by a pillow...and when she is on my tummy she will roll off. She will not do it on the floor. Is it normal or is she behind??

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I babysat a boy who was 7 months old before he did any rolling or crawling. He is now 3 and is perfectly normal. If you are concerned, talk to your pediatrician.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Every child is different and your baby will do it when she is good and ready. 5 months is so little, if she was 11 months or something, I would worry. She is fine, keep her little as long as you can.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my dd didn't roll until after 6 months, or crawl until 9. she is perfect lol. She had more important things to do then roll. :P i think it's normal
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My older two didn't roll before 6 months. It's not a big deal unless she is not developing in other areas.
    carolina.mommy

Answer by carolina.mommy at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• every child is diifernt as they said above...DS rolled over at 4 months and was crawling by 6 but DD was not rolling over until 6-7 months.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009