• In the Spotlight:

i have sharp pains in my stomach and i had a c-section about a month ago. is this normal?

it happens every so offten

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does it happen when you're doing something in particular? Standing, walking, sitting down, getting up, etc? It could be normal if it's related to movement. If you're just sitting and not moving, I would contact your doctor.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It all depends I too had a c section and it is normal..but you still need to be careful it could be your body telling you STOP you are doing to much, and need to take it a bit easier. I know easier said then done with a newborn, but anytime you have a chance to STOP then stop. Anything that you think needs to get done can always wait. Most important thing right now, making sure your little one is taken care of..as well as yourslef!
    If the pain keeps up or gets worse call your doctor and see what they tell you. But, for the most part it is normal it is your body try'n to get use to NOT being pergo again (going back to post body now) Good luck, and CONGRATS on the New baby! Enjoy!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My section occurred six and a half months ago and it still has its moments when it hurts. Mostly now it just itches but when I asked my mom (had both me and my brother by c-section) about the pain, she stated she still has pain and her last section was 26 years ago.
    SouthALMommy

Answer by SouthALMommy at 12:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009