carpal tunnel syndrome

Doctor says I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm trying to find out what's causing it. I wake up every morning and can hardly open or close my hands. No pain just uncomfortable. Just a lot of swelling. Has anyone else experienced this?

tcorbs

Asked by tcorbs at 11:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• I got CTS from patting kids backs at the day care where I used to work. It's not just a computer thing. It hits me now if I am online too long, turning pages in a book can be irritating, if I am stirring something, even using the baster during the holidays was uncomfortable for me.
    Days when it's too uncomfortable for me, I wear my brace. DH's best friend used to be a massuse (SP?) and he found this spot on my arm that when he massaged it, it made the irritation in my wrist go away. I used to go to a chiropractor and she helped a lot as well.
    Hope you find a solution that works for you.
    mamahud

Answer by mamahud at 12:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• few things. Yes i had it.
    1. are you pregnant? if so then just being pregnant can cause it. once you have your baby it will go away.
    2. do you do repetative things with your hands? i.e. Type alot? write alot? crack knuckles? repetative motions make carpul tunnel appear.
    try to reduce the repetative motion if possbile.
    Runs hands under warm water as often as possible. alos try icy hot or anything for muscle pains.
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 11:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i got carpal tunnel because of an injury that was left untreated too long. I ended up having surgery a few years ago, but am starting to have problems again. Cortisone injections always worked great for me although they hurt like he**.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009