Family of 4? What's your monthly food budget?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• $600 for food and gas
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I spend between 800-900 on food per month, that includes diapers though.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We have a nine year old Son, a six year old Daughter, my 6' 6" hubby and me. Our bill is normally around $600 - $700 monthly. We are doing the local farm program this year however to cut costs on produce. Our kids eat raw veggies like they are candy. It's $500 for a full share at the farm and it will supply us with local, organically grown produce all summer. We are also investing in a LARGE ammount of chicken, and pork (we don't eat red meat) at another local farm, it's also all organic and it's FAR cheaper than the organic meats (that you never know if they are organic or not) that you get at the grocery store.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We're a family of 4; me(32), DH(31), DD(10) and DD(3). On average our monthly food bill hoovers around 600bucks but there are times where it's higher due to entertaing during the holidays and summer bbq's with extended family and friends.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• holy crap you women spend an outrageous amount of money! how unecessary!!!!!
    Anonymous

• We are a family of seven and we spend about 150.00 everyweek on just food. Two Adults and 5 Children.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 1:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Food is about 60-100 a month for us... I do small meals that we all can eat and we are limitd... With what my kids can eat with there allergies...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Anon 1:01, where do you live? I'm close to NYC which makes things much more expensive. I only buy on sale, I don't buy red meat and any other expensive meats, my numbers include diapers and wipes. I read the cirrculars and I cut coupons, I don't buy processed foods and I cook 7 nights a week and NEVER eat out EVER. How on earth can I cut my costs more?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Hottmama, $60-$100 a month?? That is impossible, unless you are drinking tap water and eating raman noodles every single day. What about paper products, etc? Did you mean to say per week?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i spend $400 a month on food for 2 adults not including babay formula!
    mjbeyor

Answer by mjbeyor at 6:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2009