Very Concerned Help.

My daughter is 4 days away from being 7 months and I decided to take her to the doctor. A few things worry me.
1. She doesnt babble at all. She just makes mmmmm sounds.
2. She doesnt crawl. She tries but only goes backwards.
3. She doesnt always look when her name is called. She kind of looks like shes ignoring the person talking to her at times.

The ped. said that all those things she should be doing at this age.
Am i over worried? or is she just taking her time?

Things she does do and very well.
1. smiles back when smiled to.
2. Plays with toys that blink pushes buttons, and shakes rattles.
3. Sits up pretty well unless she topples over but after she topples she does tummy time.
4. stares at hands and twists wrist and open and closes fingers alot.
5. sometime
4. eats solids
5. Watches blues clues and pays attention responds to sounds on the teli.
6. eats very well.

Is th

Jmommy2B

Asked by Jmommy2B at 11:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• Crawling is done later for most babies. I wouldn't worry. The only thing I would worry about it not responding to her name. Most babies do that by 3 or 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• She deos respond to her name just not all the time.
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 11:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• As far as the crawling I'm not sure if it is all that uncommon. My co workers daughter will be 1 year old on June 13 and she just told me that her daughter crawled for the first time a week ago. She said that she always just scooted backwards. I first daughter did not crawl until closer to 7 months but took her first steps at 9 months. There are some kids that really do not crawl much but end up going straight to walking. With regard to the responding to her name this also seems somewhat normal to me. It maybe that she is just in turn to what she is doing at that time. I would not worry at this point unless she does not respond to you at all. As far as the babble I would just continue to talk to her. The more you do the more they will learn. My one friends daughter was almost two years old and did not talk really at all. Now she will be 2 in April and is talking much better. Each child is different. Give her time.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 11:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Have you had her hearing checked? Not responding adn only making mmm sounds makes me think that. She could have a slight hearing loss.
    The crawling varies from baby to baby. My kids did it @ 11 months, 4 months, 7 months and 6 months. They always go backards before they go forwards.
    So I personally would not be concerned w/ the crawling, but have her hearing checked. Has she had any ear infections....
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My DD is 16 months and still doesn't always respond to her name lol Sometimes she is so engrossed in what she's doing, she doesn't always WANT to respond, kwim? Mine also did not crawl until 2 weeks before her first birthday.

And babbling should come soon. Often babies focus on one sound and repeat that over and over for a short while. When she says "mmmm" say, "Ma-ma." Keep repeating it to her after she says mmmmmm.

HTH and I wouldn't worry too much mama :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Her hearing was checked when she was born and she passed and as far as ear infections not that i know of. There have been a few times where she would pull at her hear, but shes never ever cranky or upset shes such a happy baby! and at all her well visits her ears have been checked and the drs never said anything about ear infections :(
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 2:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009