Are people always so rude?

Wow! I'm new to this site and have been attacked on several occasions. Is it always like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The anonymous nature of the internet is also a way for some people who may never be rude or impolite in their real lives vent their frustration without the repurcussions of doing so face to face. When i'm posting anywhere on the net, I always try to remember that's a real person i'm talking to, with real feelings. Sadly, not everyone does that, or i'm sure we'd have a lot less flaming.
    Michelle_BT

Answer by Michelle_BT at 1:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sometimes. People have bad days and take it out on everybody else. You learn to ignore it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Hmmm, I haven't noticed hardly any action in 2 days. But yeah, it gets catty up in here sometimes, that darn Anon....she's an instigator.

:)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yeah, its pretty much like this... So whenever I know that I will get bashed for having an opinion I just do it anon, so then they can't stalk me! hahaha... You will find some that are quite funny though ( some moms on here are really catty )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You have to remember that this site if for moms. Hence tons of women. As bad as I hate to say it, women are mean! I don't know why, but we are. I try to answer each question honestly without being harsh, but even I find myself getting flustered over some of the questions and/or answers. It's going to happen when there are this many women stating there opinion.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 11:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have found that out also, The only thing I can think is maybe they are bored with their lives and have to take it out on someone else. I am almost 60 years old a lot older then a lot of you young mom's. I have found out you get a lot more sugar from honey then Lemons.. I figure that no question is dumb, if you do not know then ask, that is how you learn. If you want to be rude, be that way in the private of your own home, not with people that are trying to be a friend. Rude people get a life! I know I will get flack from this before I do, let me tell you rude people, I have been through a lot in my 60 years and there is little that will upset me.
    Tiredmom53

Answer by Tiredmom53 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It's funny too because alot of people blame the anons for starting drama but alot of other people are really rude and think it's ok because they aren't anon. But I try to be nice all the time because I don't like rude people in general, anon or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There are def some B**tches on here but there are also really good people. Try not to let the bad apples spoil the bunch. It's usually just jealousy that causes these women (and I use that term loosly) to be so RUDE!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It really depends on where you are on this site. If you find groups that have similar interests and a good group owner you will find less of that. On the more general groups and here in the answers or buzz section it can get really bad.

I'm sorry you have experienced this I hope you will find some nice groups and feel like you fit.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I notice I get bashed ofr having an opinion different than the majority and because I'm Canadian. I was told yesterday to mind my own business about Obama because I was Canadian, and he has nothing to do with Canadian politics.
    Some women just sit on high horses because I think that the men in their lives aren't as "amazing" as they claim to be and try to have control in a place where they think no one will say anything.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009