All work at home websites seem like a scam

I really find it hard to believe one can just work at home that easly. How do you know what websites/companies are good and just trying to rip people off?Sure I would love to be able to work at home but I dont' wanna get screwed over. Does anyone actually work for one of these companies and is able to support their family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I work for chacha.com. You don't make a whole lot unless you work like 4 or 5 hours a day, but this is what it is. ChaCha is a texting service, where people can text any question to 242242. Most of them want to know the scores of sports games, phone numbers for places, or weather reports, but you do get some funny ones like people wanting jokes, etc. ChaCha routes these questions to a guide, who is on their computer at home. The question pops up on your screen, you use the links they provide and find the answer, then send the answer back to the person who sent the original text. It's pretty easy. For each question you answer, you get paid 10-20 cents. I get as many as 30 questions per hour, it just depends on how quickly you can answer them. Most are under 3 minutes per answer. They pay you either by direct deposit to your acct or with a debit from an acct they set up for you. PM for more info if you are interested.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I am posting Anon because I do not want a flood gate of pm's from people wanting to get more info from me about my job. But yes, I do work part time online from home. I've worked at this job for a total of over a year. I never paid them anything to start up, I'm an individual contractor and I make $500-$600 a month working part time. There are jobs out there, but the real ones are really hard to find because they're kind of hush hush. Usually you have to know someone who is already involved in a company before you'll even hear about the jobs. Just keep looking...and don't ever pay any company to work for them. Those are scams.
    Anonymous

• I'm using 2 different work at home companies that you might want to check out. They're both free. http://y5b.org and http://g88.info

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The thing I don't like about ChaCha is that it requires your SSN from the very beginning without any idea of if you're going to be hired or not. That's a little too scary for me.
    Anonymous

• Just remember a job means you work for someone and you should never have to pay. A work at home business usually requires an investment on your part, but you are your own boss. I have my own business and I got started for under $30. I work WITH not for a health and wellness company. I work like 5-15 hours a week and I make close to $1000 a month. They have awesome incentives and it's very easy. I do it with my 4 kids running around so you could do it too. Check out my site ir you are interested. www.familiesrok.com
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 12:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm an independent consultant with DiamondCreek Candles:
    http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Rule of thumb...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I have seen websites say "Make $1,000/day processing emails"...okay think about that. What exactly IS processing emails? Is that like sending emails? If so, who in their right mind would pay someone to do that?! No one would!! So, yes those websites are scams. There are legit work form hoem jobs out there but they are soooo very hard to find and they will not pay very much. You will not be able to support your family with a work from home job. However, a home business is different. You WILL have to invest something into a business. You will get a 1099 form at the end of the year and you can alos deduct EVERYTHING plus living expenses that you invest into your business from your taxes! So, even though you make an initial investment you will get it all back plus more in the end. You CAN support your family with a home business, its just not going to.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 2:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• CONT....happen overnight. It will take maybe 2-4 yerars of consistent work but hen you will be financially free and will be able to live your life how YOU want to with no financial worries! Isn't that worth it to you? It is to me and that is why I have a home business! Find one that you are passionate about and give it your all! You will be so glad that you did. Let me know if I can help you in any way on your work from home search! Good luck to you!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 2:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I researched a lot of companies and talked to other ladies in the business to see how it was working for them,how long the company was in business,etc. Not all are scams.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've seen a ton of scams but here is what works for me. I'm a single mom and honestly stay at home with my son and have for 2 full years. I sell Avon and Mark and Usborne Books and More Now featuring Kane Miller. I buy 100 Avon Books every two weeks and put them out with my Usborne Brochure/card/or sometimes catalog stuck inside. I almost always get a double sale and repeat business happens constantly because the products are actually afforadable. You can sign up for Usborne at http://ubah.com/ecommerce/recruitingSpecial.asp?sid=U2688&gid=72688401 for $49 +shipping and handling and Avon for $10 at www.youravon.com/dhullum For the first few months I put about 12 hours a week in on my businesses now that I'm established I only really work about 2 hours every two weeks putting out catalogs. Most of my business is from online customers who met me through my catalogs and now buy weekly from my sites! Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009