What the heck is going on?!

My cycle is long. I have a 36 day cycle instead of 28. Anyway, I'm 8 days late (past my 36 days) which is unheard of and I haven't had a period since January 13th. I've taken 2 hpts and they were both negative. (I took one of them today) What the heck is going on??? What else could be causing this? I'm not stressed or anything like that. Any ideas? My DH said maybe my thyroid but I don't know anything about that.

RyleeMendez

Asked by RyleeMendez at 11:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• False negatives are much more common than false positives, so maybe you really are preggo! I would make an appt. just to be sure. That way if it isn't because of pregnancy you can get an explanation.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would wait a little bit longer (taking all the precautions just in case) and have your doctor to a blood test to see if you are pregnant in some cases that is the only way to find out for sure.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 12:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree with sidzwif, It could be a false negative. I got them with the twins. Going to the Doc could give you and explanation either way.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would talk to your OB or general practitioner to take a blood test. One of the reasons for a false negative is an ectopic pregnancy and if that's what's going on - the sooner you know, the better.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Maybe you ovulated late and are preggo, but the gestational age is younger then it would be if you ovulated half way through, so its not showing postive. Call the OB, I agree ;)
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 1:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my last period was july 9 last year and the preggo test did not come up positive until Sept 4. i tested aug 23 and it was negative, when i really was preggo at the time. you can wait a week or two and take one again, or schedule an apt. to see dr. they can blood test you.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 1:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Have you been regular since the birth? it could be that or the thyroid thing Hubby mentioned. Try a different brand of test, if you think you are preggo. I took three different brands in one day for the same reason and got 2 positves and 1 negative. lol
    janellet

Answer by janellet at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Okay, now you're making me paranoid! I had totally ruled out pregnancy in my mind (just didn't know what other category to post this under) and now I'm kinda on the fence. lol We'll see. Maybe a doc appt is the way to go.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 2:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009