Is it wrong of me?

I'm about 35 1/2wks and I haven't been able to eat or keep anything down for about a week now. My doctor does know whats going on and she said as long as I don't start losing weight I should be alright, my question would be would it be wrong of me to ask my doctor to test to see if my baby is developed fully and if so have a c-section and take her out because I know its not healthy for my baby to not be getting anything. Is that wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• being only 35 weeks is still way too soon for a baby too be born i would say try too eat and drink what ever you can i know with most doctors if baby is at risk or mommy isn't eating enough they will put u in a hospital on iv fluids too help out
    Anonymous

• I think it's a bit early. Try eating something like baby carrots or another healthy snack first, then eat a meal or drink something. You'll be more likely to throw up the last thing you ate and that would leave the healthy food for your child.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• As long as the baby is moving, he/she will take all the nutrients they need from you. I didn't gain any weight my last 3 months but I gained 30 all together. Just eat what you can and keep down whatever you can. Godo luck.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• eat right after you throw up. just a little bit. stay very hydrated. drink little sips every 10 minutes or so. drink all throughout the day. it really makes a difference. The baby isn't ready if you aren't in labor, and it would be wrong of you to request. It will save your baby a lot of problems by sucking it up, and sticking it out.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• even if they tested your baby is not ready your baby would have to have help breathing still and im sorry yes that would be wrong of you just a couple more weeks you can do it lol it would just be better to have your little one and not have to have it on a breathing machine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yes it is. a babies brain isn't fully developed until 39 weeks so you would be depriving your child of very important last few weeks of life. A test wont say that your child will be fine. Many c/s babies develop pneumonia because the fluid can't get pushed out of their lungs.

Your baby is getting any and all nutrients from you that she can, even without you eating. YOUR body is the one that is suffering..

Have you tried anything to stop the nausea and vomiting? Sea bands, unisom + b6, ginger gum/ginger ail/ginger tea? Have you even asked for zofran if it gets too bad? Try eating small amount after you throw up. SIP things, don't drink. Try sprite or ginger ail. those can help.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• doctors do not just give out c-sections. unless it is a very serious situation, and if it was, your doctor would let you know!
    Anonymous

• A lot of them Do, Anon, but it doesn't make it safe or right at all! Just selfish.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think that it would be a bad decision, especially since your doc has already told you there were no concerns. If the doc told you there was a risk and asked you to okay the procedure i would say go for it. I think you need to let the baby bake a lil more. it is awfully early too at 35 weeks.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Acupuncture worked to cure my hyperemesis just once a week its way safer than a c-section
    EmbracingBirth

Answer by EmbracingBirth at 9:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009