Are there any weird side effects after getting your tubes tied like weight gain or loss of sex drive?

Tubal, sex drive, side effects

Brooke1212

Asked by Brooke1212 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• My sister has had terrible periods since getting hers done. She has cramps so bad that she can't hardly walk and she bleeds double what she use too.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No bad side affects. A good side affect is.You wont have to worry about getting pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I did not have any that I could tell.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, some ppl think it makes them gain weight, but it doesn't do anything to your hormones, so I don't see how it can cause that. I think your metabolism slows down after kids. Sex drive same thing. I had my tubes tied before my hysterectomy and had no side effects. My hysterectomy was only 1 year later tho.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my periods were longer, I did gain weight and almost 4 yrs later I found out that within 10 yrs you have about a 35% chance of getting pregnant (I asked the ultrasound person at the hospital how often she personally sees someone pregnant after tubes tied because they were checking me to make sure and she said 35%)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thanks ladies! So you can get pregnant later on?! Oh boy... even with a hysterectomy does anything weird happen? I am worried about getting fat and losing my sex drive! Poor Dh! Please let me know!
    Brooke1212

Answer by Brooke1212 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think the hysterectomy or partial is about the only way to safely say you'll never have more children but no way would I want that if it could be avoided. The good side is, that I and no one that I know of has said that tying your tubes makes you lose your sex drive. In our case, it has made sex a lot more fun because we were feeling like there was only a slight chance of getting pregnant till someone posted something on here about it and I researched then asked the tech and was shocked (hubby was shocked too when I told him he should go get fixed so we lower the odds lol). I'd tie mine again tho if I had it to do over again because I'm a high risk pregnancy person and didn't want to go thru it again. If you exercise you might can work off any extra weight you gain, but your hips are going to usually widen with babies anyway, so it just gives our men a little more curve to love :) The no worry sex is pretty good tho
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009