Another plane just crashed in Amsterdam do you still plane to fly?

A plane just crashed in Amsterdam killing 9 people. Do you feel plane crashes are becoming to common.

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• this is like the third one this month?? this is happening alot more than normal..maybe it's a good thing i decided to drive to tx...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I grew up in the 70s where it seemed like there was a plane crash every day. This is not common and yes I still plan to fly. Do you still plan to ride in a car or bus? Thousands of those happen everyday.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Car accidents happen much more frequently than plane crashes. I don't fly often, but hearing of plane crashes isn't going to cause me to change my plans if the need were to occur.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have never flown and don't plan to any time soon becasue I have no where to go that takes flying to get thier.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 12:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Makes me nervous. I am terrified when flying and hate it. I do fly 4-5 times a year. If I didn't suck it up I would never see my family. I fly in 2 weeks and am nervous but we are moving and instead of driving 1800 miles my husbands company is shipping our cars and flying us to our new home. Every time I hear of a plane crash it freaks me out. This summer when flying into Phoenix the turbulence were so bad the plane dropped a lot. We were getting ready to land so everyone was strapped in a baby was slightly injured since she was just on moms lap and not in a car seat. It was unnerving and several people were using the sick bags. We are getting a direct flight this time thankfully and will avoid Phoenix.  We flew on the same kind of plane that crashed in Buffalo three days after it crashed.  It was scary to get on the plane.  I really hate flying and dread the move. 

Anonymous

• It does not surprise me at all. Airline pilots make really crappy wages itr was on the news today that a top pilot makes only about $117,000 a year and co-pilots make as little as $25,000 a yr. The airlines are hurting for money so they do just the required maintenance and I am sure they aren't trying to update their airplanes.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 12:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I live 1 mile from where the plane crashed (Clarence) a suburb of Buffalo and it was terrible.
    Anonymous

• No, I am not afraid to fly. These things happen but so do car crashes. I don't live in my house and never drive anywhere because a caar accident might happen.
    Anonymous

• I'm getting on a plane (several, in fact) to go to China in less than a month. Car crashes happen everyday, but we still get in them. There's no logical reason to avoid planes.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I hate flying and I only do it when absolutely necessary. I have flown from Nebraska to TX with 2 layovers, from TX to Guam with 2 layovers, From Guam to Texas with 2 layovers, and from TX to Spain with one layover. All those were due to military except the Nebraska to Texas. I hated every flight, and I get sick like 2 weeks before if I know I am going to fly, I get panic attacks. If I have to fly, they prescribe me Adivan for the panic attacks. When we go home to visit, we drive (From Washington state to Texas lol!) and it takes 4 days but who cares, I don't have to fly lol! I told my hubby I was done with overseas assignments because I don't want to fly anymore, and it always seems that just before we have to fly there is a plane crash. It's horrible for me so yes this news of recent crashes makes me not want to fly at all. BTW I KNOW its irrational lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009