What do you call it? Soda, Pop...

In California we used Soda, in Colorado they used Pop I thought it was the weirdest thing ever, then in Missouri it was back to soda and I had gotten so used to saying pop they would make fun of me LOL. Now here in Illinois it's back to Pop. So what do you call it where you live?

xocyncyn

Asked by xocyncyn at 12:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its soda here in PA but when i moved here from canada when i was younger everyone made fun of me for calling it Pop lol
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It depends on my mood, and especially who I'm talking to. I live in California, and I'd say its pretty 50/50 on what I do call it. My mom's family is from Oklahoma though, so I've grown up hearing it called pop.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• pop
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 12:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Soda here in P.A.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• When I was younger i used to say pop ( I grew up on the rez). Then one time I said it like that to a guy I was hookin up with and he told me I said it like a white person (whatever that means!) Now I say soda for no particular reason.
    Anonymous

• Texas: They're all called cokes. A Dr. Pepper is a "coke". A Pepsi is a "coke".
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 12:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Pop and in Ohio.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I call it by whatever it is. Or I call it a "drink". I dunno, maybe I'm weird. Pop ALWAYS bothers me. I have friends from up north that say pop, and it makes me cringe.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Oh, and I'm in NC =]
    caitxrawks

• You must have been in a different area of Missouri, we call it pop here. When I moved from IL. it was soda.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009