Don't Get Along With Boyfriends Family?

I've been with my boyfriend for a short period of time and I don't get along with his sister because she started drama with me even before she met me. She then even after we met would bring up my boyfriends ex to piss me off. His ex by the way still hangs out with his family, his brothers etc. So with her doing this I told her that I felt she was messed up and she blew it out of porportion and told the whole family about it. I haven't even met his whole family but somehow they have an opinion about me. My boyfriend tells me that his ex's don't always get along with his sisters but the problem i have is his ex is still waiting around like a puppy for him. My boyfriend is 38, I'm 30 and his ex is 46. Though she doesn't look it. It causes a strain on our relationship because his little sister who is 33 just caused stupid drama for me. Any advice?

tagansmybaby

Asked by tagansmybaby at 12:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• You are going to have to figure out a way to get along with the in-laws.Especially if you plan to keep the BF around for a long time.  Or just never be around them.

Answer by louise2 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Are you thinking you may marry your bf? If so you have to be prepared to deal with his sister too, if you guys go to a lot of family dinners etc. If you become somehow blessed she may change..otherwise it sounds like she's either protecting her brother or just being a b!tch...have your bf talk to her tell her to quit it cause she's ruining things for him!
    Anonymous

• Don't let her get to you is all I can suggest. When she brings up the ex, smile and say "and how is she doing?" etc... she's trying to get under your skin and it's obviously working. From the sound of it, the ex isn't going anywhere right now, so either learn to live with it, or get out of the relationship. If they just broke up right before you and he got together, then it's going to take some time for them to adjust to someone new as his girlfriend and the ex will hopefully find someone else new and attach herself to that family.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Join my group its bout in laws who stress us out!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Jay
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 2:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It sounds like high school drama and at that age its ridiculus! If your bf likes u, he needs to stand up to his family and tell his sister to back off
    Anonymous