I feel so strange...

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second child. For the past 2-3 hours I have felt really strange. I feel shaky and off-balance, but I'm really not shaking at all. I'm not having anything that feels like contractions, though I am having stomach pains and baby is not moving as much as she normally does, though I have felt some movement. I'm just wondering what to do? I have a toddler and my husband is at work, so I don't want to just run to the hospital and have them sit me there forever and then send me back home if it's nothing, but at the same time I don't want to just be sitting here at home if something is going on either. Has anyone experienced this during your pregnancy and if you did was it anything to be concerned over or just another strange effect of being pregnant and not a big deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I experienced that. Try drinking some organge juice. Babies should move (not including hiccups) 10 times per hour. If you feel that there is a sudden decrease of movement that does not improve after having juice and waiting 30 minutes, you need to call your doctor or go to the hospital. You will not have to sit around the hospital and wait. You are far enough along to go directly to L&D.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes, I've experienced that, it was either I didn't eat on time making my blood sugar really whacky, or pregnancy nerves.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Try drinking some orange juice or soda or something with sugar in it... I feel that way when my blood sugar is a little low.
    Anonymous

• i feel that way sometimes could be blood pressure but for me its blood sugar dropping (not meaning GD i dont have that ) just eat soemthing drink some water try to sit down for a little
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I just had a bowl of chocolate ice cream maybe fifteen minutes ago, so maybe that will help. My son is napping now so I certainly don't want to wake the little guy up until I decide I'm going for sure or not. Maybe it is just blood sugar and if so then I'm sure the chocolate will help soon, lol, I hope anyway.
    Anonymous

• try drinking juice and lying on your side for 20 mins if nothing happens call your dr
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Could be blood sugar problems and that is bad for baby too. Call your Dr. and do what they say
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would call your dr and let him know what you are experiencing just to be on the safe side.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son just got up, so I think I'm going to drive down to the fire department since it's only like two minutes away and just ask them to check my blood pressure to make sure it's not that. If it's not that then I'll call my OB and see what he says before I run up to the hospital or anything. Thanks everyone for the ideas of what may be going on.
    Anonymous