Experiences with cervidil?

I'm 9 days past my due date, so tomorrow my doctor said to phone up to labor and delivery and see if they can fit me in to get cervidil inserted.
He said I'm "afew cm dilated", which I would guess be like 2 or 3?(I was in shock from him talking about me having my baby tomorrow to ask lol)

Just wondering if anyone had cervidil used on them in a situation like mine and if it worked well, or if you ended up needing pitocin aswell?
Thanks alot guys!

[Oh and don't bash about inducing, I don't want to hear it. 10 days past is enough!]

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 1:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't go through anything like this. I went 4 days past my due date and had a c-section. My doc doesn't let her patients go over like 5 days. Good luck! I hope u get that baby out and enjoy her!
    meaganhtfld

Answer by meaganhtfld at 1:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I did not need pitocin, I had cervadil and my contractions started going on their own.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i also had a cervadil for 2 days but it really did not work. the monitor said that i was having contractions but i did not feel them. after all that i had to get the pitocin...
    hot_mami121

Answer by hot_mami121 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm not bashing, but, 9 days, I mean how much longer could it possibly take? What's a day or two more? Drugs hurt babies. Sorry, I had to say it. I know you didn't wanna hear/see it.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I said I'm doing this tomorrow, so it'll be 10 days past. I think that is a decent time to wait after a due date to induce.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You really arent "overdue" until after 42 weeks, the average pregnancy is anywhere from 36 to 42 weeks.....its your choice on what to do, but it comes with risks for both you and the baby, drugs DO pass through the placenta and get to baby even if in small amounts AND inductions up your risk for a c section by 50% :(
    I personally would not do it, I just went to 42 weeks and had my VBAC baby totally naturally and everything went just fine
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I agree with Jlizgar
    EmbracingBirth

Answer by EmbracingBirth at 9:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2009